One of the most important churches in the valley is the Parish church dedicated to San Lorenzo
, in Vigo Lomaso. It is the oldest church in the Giudicarie valleys and it was mentioned for the first time in 1205, even though the archaeological remains suggest an older origin.
The church, with the beautiful portal of the 13th century, is the most important element in the whole Parish of Lomaso, a complex which includes the baptistery, the vicarage and the graveyard.
Going up from the Terme di Comano to the Bleggio highplateau, the visitor meets some of the most precious examples of the religious devoutness of the local people, such as the little church of San Felice
in Bono, surrounded by fields and meadows and covered with frescos dating back to the late 15th century by the painter Cristoforo Baschenis de Averara (a member of the Baschenis painters family).
Some kilometres on, the Church of Santa Croce
, seat of the ancient Parish of Bleggio, hosts the cross which is held to be miraculous (1624). According to the legend, it was made by a shepherd from two logs of larch as a sign of devotion and gratitude. Today the cross is taken in procession as far as San Martino Mount in order to ask for Gods help against natural calamities, famine and war.